If you are an active Library member holding a membership card, you may borrow materials from the Library according to the list below:
|Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit|
|Children & Teens (0-17)||21 days||5||14 days||2||14 days||1||14 days||1|
|All Other Users||21 days||4||14 days||2||14 days||1||14 days||1|
Important Note: If the item you would like to borrow is damaged or in poor condition, please report it to the User Services Desk before borrowing it.
- You may renew a book up to 2 times, unless the book is on hold by another user, recalled or if your account is suspended due to overdue items or fines.
- You may renew a book 7 days before the due date through the Library website by logging into your account, selecting the book(s) you want to renew and clicking on ‘Renew Marked,’ or in person by visiting the User Services Desk with your membership card.
- You can return the borrowed books in the 24-hour drive-through book drop station in front of the main Library entrance, at the 7 return stations inside the Library building or at the User Services Desk.
Holds and Reserves
If the item you are looking for is already checked out by another user, you can place a hold on that item. To place a hold:
- Log in to your library account.
- Search for the title of the item you wish to reserve.
- Click “Place Hold.”
- The site will confirm that your hold has been placed.
- You will be notified by an auto-generated email when it becomes available.
- You can collect your reserved items from the hold shelf behind the User Services Desk.
- Held items will be kept for five days for pickup. If you do not check out the item after five days, the hold will be canceled and the item re-shelved.
Any borrowed item is subject to recall once requested by another user. Borrowers who receive recall notices are responsible for returning their requested items on or before the recall due dates.
You will receive a courtesy email message two days before the item's due date. Items on loan will become overdue if they are not returned or renewed by the due date. Items cannot be renewed if they have been recalled.
For any overdue item(s) you will receive:
- First overdue notice seven days after the due date
- Second overdue notice 14 days after the due date
- Third overdue notice 30 days after the due date
- Fourth and final long overdue notice 60 days after the due date
After the final notice, and if we never hear back from you, the item is considered lost and your Library membership will be permanently suspended.
Important Note: Failure to receive/read a courtesy reminder does not constitute an excuse for not returning the item on the date due or not renewing the item.
Fines and Penalties
- Books: no fine
- CDs, DVDs and kits: 20 Qatari riyals per item, per day
Important Note: Failure to receive/read an overdue notice does not constitute an excuse for non-payment of fine.
Loss and Damage of Library Materials
You are responsible for the loss or damage of the items you borrow. If you lose an item, you will be charged:
- The replacement cost according to the supplier's cost
- 50 Qatari riyal processing fee
- The replacement cost and processing fee are non-refundable, even if you find the book after payment
In the event of damaged resources, you will be charged the replacement cost of the item accordingly. Damage includes:
- Writing on pages
- Torn pages
- Loss of shape
- Unreadability, such as spilling of liquids on the pages
- Damage to CD or DVD, e-reader, or other similar items