If you are an active QNL member holding a Library card, you may borrow materials from the Library according to your category in the list below:
|Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit||Loan Period||Item Limit|
|Children & Teens (0-17)||21 days||5||7 days||2||7 days||1||7||1|
|All Other Users||21 days||4||7 days||2||7 days||1||7||1|
- Renew your library materials seven days before the due date in person at the User Services Desk or through the QNL website.
- You can renew your books up to two times, unless the item is on hold by another user, recalled, or if your account is suspended due to overdue items or fines.
- You can renew your items online (though QNL website) by logging into your QNL account, select the item(s) you want to renew and click on ‘submit,’ or in person by visiting the User Services Desk along with your membership card.
You can return the borrowed material through the 24-hour drive-through book drop station in front of the main Library entrance, through the seven return stations inside the Library building or at the User Services Desk.
If the item you're looking for is checked out to another user, you can place a hold on that item. To place a hold:
- Log in to your library account.
- Search to find the title of the item you wish to reserve.
- Click the “Place Hold”.
- The screen will confirm that your hold has been placed.
- You will be notified by an auto-generated e-mail when it becomes available.
- You can collect your reserved items from the Hold shelf behind the User Services Desk.
- It will be kept for five days for pickup. If after five days, the item is not checked out, the hold is canceled and the item is re-shelved.
Any borrowed item is subject to recall once requested by another user. Borrowers who receive recall notices are responsible for returning their requested items on or before the recall due dates.
You will receive a courtesy email message two days before the item's due date. Items on loan will become overdue if they are not returned/renewed by the due date. Items cannot be renewed if they have been recalled.
For any overdue item(s) you will receive:
- First overdue notice sent seven days after the due date.
- Second overdue notice sent 14 days after the due date.
- Third and final overdue notice sent 30 days after the due date.
After the final notice, the item is considered lost and the Library member is automatically charged for it.
Fines and Penalties
Regular loans: 0 Qatari Riyal
- Short loans: 20 Qatari Riyal per item, per day
Loss and Damage of Library Materials
Members are responsible for the loss or damage of the items they borrow and will be charged:
- The replacement cost according to the supplier's cost
- 100 Qatari Riyals processing fee
In the event of damaged resources such as:
- Writing on pages
- Torn pages
- Loss of shape/ becomes unreadable due to the spilling of liquids such as ink on the pages
- Damage to CD/DVD, e-reader, etc.
You will be charged the replacement cost of the item accordingly.