The Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Service (ILL/DDS) at the Library provides you with materials in an electronic or print format that are not available in the Library’s resources and collections. If after searching the Catalog and Online Resources you can’t find the material you are looking for, you may use the Document Delivery Service Form.
Individual Library members are eligible to request materials through the DDS.
Materials that can be requested
- Journal articles (typically, no more than two articles from a single issue of a periodical or journal)
- Book chapters or sections (typically, no more than two chapters or 10% from a single book, whichever is less, can be delivered)
- Conference proceedings
Materials not eligible for request
- Library use only (reference) materials
Submitting a request
- All DDS requests should be submitted through the DDS Online Form with detailed bibliographic information, including article title, journal or book title, author’s name, publisher’s name, year of publication and ISBN/ISSN.
- We do not accept DDS requests by phone or email.
The DDS is free of charge for all Library members.
Processing any DDS material, in general, takes 2 to 3 working days from the time of request until delivery. Each request is processed case by case, and some might take a longer time due to delays at the supplier’s end or because of standard mail delivery delay.
The requested material is sent to the requester via email.
The DDS follows Qatar Copyright Law and the IFLA “International Resource Sharing and Document Delivery: Principles and Guidelines for Procedure.” Requesters of the DDS must obey the copyright law in Qatar and any obligations imposed by the supplying library. The supplied documents shall not be used for commercial purposes. They can only be used for private study, scholarship or research. In particular, the requester is not allowed to sell or distribute the document to others.