Be part of history by sharing your experiences of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ with Qatar National Library!
We are very proud and honored that Qatar was the host country for the World Cup 2022TM, one of the biggest global events! As the National Library of Qatar, one of our main objectives is to build and archive digital collections that record and preserve our country's heritage. For that reason, we would like to capture your experiences of the World Cup, to store what the World Cup means to you in our digital archives, and to let future generations experience it through your eyes and ears.
So, share with us your experiences and stories through photos, videos and audio recordings and help build our digital collection of the World Cup experience, and access your memories in the years to come.
Examples of uploaded content could be:
- Your experience in getting to the stadiums
- Visitors cheering for their teams in different locations around Qatar
- The streets and how it affected your day-to-day commute
- Being part of the volunteering team for the World Cup
- Your experience of using the Metro during the World Cup
The closing date for entries to the World Cup Moments competition was 14 March. Winners will be announced by end of April 2023. Please continue to share your memories, though, to help preserve the atmosphere of the World Cup for future generations.