Qatar National Library provides access to computer equipment and accessories to help users conduct their work efficiently.
The Use of Library Equipment
- Laptops and iPads are available for in-house use by Library members and visitors, and may be borrowed for a maximum of 12 hours per day.
- Users must keep the e-devices in their possession at all times during their loan and are entirely responsible for their return. Use of these items is non-transferable.
- E-devices must remain inside the Library. Taking these devices out of the Library will be considered theft, and will result in legal action.
- E-devices must be returned to the User Services Desk, not at a self-return station.
- E-devices should be returned 30 minutes prior to the Library’s closing time.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to or loss of the borrower’s data while the borrower is using any of the e-devices.
- Documents, downloads or any other data must not be saved to laptops or iPads. Any data you wish to save must be saved to a flash drive or emailed to yourself.
How to Borrow E-devices
- You must have a Library card and/or valid passport or ID (if you are a visitor).
- You must read, understand, agree and sign the E-device Loan Agreement.
- For children aged 11 and younger, the E-device Loan Agreement must be signed by the parent or guardian listed on the child's Library card. This must be signed at the User Services Desk in the presence of a Library staff member.